"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do." --Edward Everett Hale
Because Kids Against Hunger is a volunteer-driven effort, there are many ways to help.
- Make a financial contribution - Since we have to purchase all supplies and ingredients, we could not exist without the financial support of individuals, corporations, schools, clubs, and people like you. For $7.50 you can provide food for a child for one month. For $90.00 you can feed a child for a year!
- Package food - it is a wonderful, fulfilling way to feel that you are making a real difference! You can see the progress with each bag you package and box up. From the very young to senior citizens, any group can be involved in this process. The most effective way to help in this manner is to do fundraising. Since there is currently a high demand for food packaging sessions, and it is challenging for us to keep up and replenish the additional ingredients and supplies used, we urge all volunteers to help us cover the cost of the meals they package by bringing in a financial contribution.
On average, each volunteer packages close to two boxes of food in a two-hour session. At $0.25 per meal, that equals $80-$100 worth of ingredients. We want to give everyone the opportunity to package our meals, but the reality is that we must also cover the cost of the ingredients. We would be happy to provide you with literature and other promotional materials to support you in your fundraising efforts.
- Volunteer you time as a KAH Liaison: In this position, you will leverage your connections with schools, businesses, civic organizations, and community groups. As a KAH Liaison you may:
- Serve as a contact person and educate others on the mission of KAH
- Speak at events, churches, schools, etc. about KAH
- Coordinate a fundraiser
- Coordinate a packaging event
- Help with Fund Raising. In this position, you will work with a team to help plan and implement fundraising events. If you have experience or a passion for helping in this area, we need you!
There are countless ways to get involved and be a part of this massive campaign to end death by starvation. Can you think of another way to help? Let us know!
Thank you for your continued support of Kids Against Hunger - we can't do it without you!